Day 2 / Planning Day
Featured Image: Half the team planning for kids ministry programs
After a busy first day attending four congregations today was our team planning day! The day was spent learning more about St David’s Forestville, planning for the rest of mission and praying for God’s mercy and grace in all we strive to do.
Starting with a short devotional from our team leader, David Hohne, we reflected upon the miracle of the church community, and how the unifying work of Christ can be seen through the simple and ordinary gathering of his beloved Church. This then paved the way for hearing about how St David’s endeavours to reach, mature and equip the surrounding neighbourhood with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
After a delicious meal, provided by some of the St David’s members, our team had the opportunity to plan the youth and kids ministries for the rest of the week.
Please be praying for the following events happening throughout the rest of the week:
- On Friday half our team is visiting Killarney Heights High School to run Scripture Seminars.
- Pray for opportunities to connect with unbelieving youth and share the gospel with them.
- Pray that the testimonies from Grace and George would help students to consider what it means to put their trust in Jesus.
- Pray for Youth Group on Friday night, for Mitch who is speaking on John 10 (Jesus the Good Shepherd) and Lauren who is sharing her testimony.
- Pray that regular youth would invite unbelieving friends.
- Pray for Primary School Scripture assemblies on Thursday and Friday mornings, that students would consider the facts about Jesus for themselves.
- Pray that Kids Club on Friday afternoon will help the kids see how the book of Genesis points them toward Jesus.
- Pray that as they study John 3:16 at Kids Church next Sunday the kids would grasp God’s great love for them in Christ Jesus.